The project is led by Jeremy Kidwell, but draws input and data from a wide range of practitioners, third-sector staff, and other academics.
The project has several key objectives:
- To develop sustainable data sets pertaining to community groups in Scotland, the UK, Europe, and beyond
- To standardise metadata pertaining to geolocated community group
- To improve existing data sets by adding community groups where they are not already present and improving the quality of metadata where they already are.
- To generate an accurate, accessible, and open-access representation of community groups.
- We aim to achieve all these objectives in a way that is reproducible, open-access, transparent, and sustainable.
In addition to our live cartoDB map, to aid in research citation we periodically deposit our different data sets in the Zenodo repository. You can give this a look here: mapping community repository on zenodo